1. I love sprinkles so much, I think ice cream is pointless without em. Not just any sprinkles, but rainbow sprinkles. And sometimes, I eat them straight of out the jar. If I was totally selfish, I would cover my wedding cake in them. I. Can't. Get. Enough. I'm basically drooling over here.
2. My fiance and I met in fifth grade. He was my first boyfriend and gave me my first kiss on the back seat of a school bus. We've known in each other for 16 years, but we only count the last 10 as actually dating. Crazy, huh?
3. I have a thing for arm tattoos in script writing. I probably won't ever get it, but I would like to think maybe, just maybe I could do it and own it like this chick. But only on one arm. I do have a tattoo, which surprises a lot of people who think they know me. It's on the back of my neck and it's a symbol of reincarnation. Each step in the chakana (the name of the symbol) represents a different lesson you learn in each of your lives (like to live, to play, to work). Here's a more intense lesson. I traveled around Peru for a month with Paul after graduation (Cusco, Machu Picchu, Lake Titicaca, etc.), and this is where I got the tattoo. We did, indeed, journey to the top of a mountain and participate in ritual to "travel to another level" with a shaman (or Jack Sparrow, as we like to call him). You know the saying, "tattoos are a permanent reminder of a temporary feeling"? Well, that's precisely why I got it.
4. Even though I live in NYC, a big BIG part of me wants to move and live in the middle of nowhere. I think that really reflects who I am because I'm an extrovert, yes, but I very much enjoy my alone time. I get really overwhelmed when my week is booked up by plans. I would pick sitting home with a good book on a cold day, sipping red wine in a bathtub, or watching bad reality TV with my girlfriends (::Cough:: Hilary, Julia) over a night on the town any day. One day, I hope to have a place in the mountains, somewhere in the middle of nowhere where I can do just that.
5. My life revolves around the written word, always has, always will. I went to the Elementary School of the Arts, the Middle School of the Arts, and the High School of the Arts in West Palm Beach, Florida and majored in creative writing. I studied journalism and English at the University of Florida. I work at a book publishing company in New York City (Simon & Schuster), and I'm ghostwriting the Hardy Boys series now on the side. I will always be a writer and a reader. It's just who I am. Currently reading: The Playdate, a novel by Louise Millar. So far, so great.