Oh, to have documentation on how the past 12 months went down. All the projects. All the looks. All the parties! It's been a great year, ladies and gents.
Everything Pretty has really turned into our sanctuary. A place where we get away from the daily grind and share . . . well, basically everything pretty. Things that inspire us. Things that bring beauty (big or small) into the mundane everyday. Even if it's just a picture. We hope this place has become that for you as well. On that note, we decided to create a top ten! We're feeling a bit nostalgic . . .
Venessa's favorite posts:
1. I think my first favorite post is It Rained On Our Parade because I had really just started the blog and planned this elaborate picnic to share . . . and then it rained. In my attempt to still enjoy our day and have something worth documenting, I had to get creative! Needless to say, the day turned out better than I planned and I learned early on that you can't plan for most good things.They just happen.
2. Mason Jar Today, Soap Dispenser Tomorrow! This is one of my favorite DIY projects from this year because it was super easy and super cute. I had friends of friends making ones for their apartment after I posted this. I loved hearing that!
3. I am hair challenged meaning I have a difficult time copying hairstyles that I think look great on other people but end up just looking meh on me. But I was really happy when I pulled off this inverted bun (or so I called it) off. I think I might have successfully broken it down for you. But you be judge on that. Find the post here.
4. Julia's post on our wedding. I had my first wedding album like the next day thanks to her, and it touched my heart to read her words and your comments when I was on the honeymoon. It is a very special post for me. And she got awesome photos! Find the post here.
5. DIY Facial Masks. I love love spending a Saturday night (on occasion and usually when Paul is out of town) just pampering myself, watching Ro-Coms, eating junk. Anyway, I just loved Julia's post because I realized I don't have to spend $50 at Walgreens to get the job done. And it's fun to play scientist! Find the post here.
Julia’s favorite posts:
1. DIY Photo Frame. This was one of my favorite DIY projects this year ... I had so much fun choosing photos and creating this. And, I look at it in my bedroom everyday. Find the post here.
2. Backstage at the Victoria Secret Fashion Show. Venessa and I had so much fun with the Victoria Secret posts, but I loved the behind the scenes photos we were able to get our hands on. I was fascinated with the creation of the wings. Find the post here.
3. The bachelorette party I threw for Venessa. This is one of my favorite posts because we had so much fun together. I was so happy to be part of Venessa’s big day. I also loved all of the details included in the party - the champagne bar, the vodka lemonade, and DIY chalkboard cheese tray. Find the post here.
4. A sneak peak inside Charity Shumway’s apartment. This was the most breathtaking apartment I have ever laid my eyes on. The views, the decorating, and the evening were perfect. It inspired me for my own home. Find the post here.
5. Random facts about me. It was important to me for our bloggers to get to know us more. I loved sharing more intimate details about me, and I loved all of your responses. Find the post here.
We really can't thank you enough for all your comments over this past year. We've made so many friendships along the way, and it's always nice to know there's someone there on the other end . . . well, besides each other. : ) Here's to another year!